Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 22, 2013

Cheater Jalapeno Cheese Biscuits


I love bread – like so much so that most would consider it a problem. I was the one that HAD to have some type of bread for every meal. My idea of an evening snack was toast with peanut butter – not Oreo’s. When I found out I had a gluten sensitivity my first initial thought was “OMG – I’m going to die without bread.” Well, obviously, I didn’t but for a good few weeks I thought I was going to. Slowly I started finding some gluten free bread mixes and even made a few loaves of my own. My mother-in-law (one of my biggest support persons) went to a Whole Foods store and bought me TONS of gluten-free items. One of them was a box of Chēbē Cheese Bread Mix. That’s where this easy recipe came about. It saves TONS of time using a pre-made flour mix. One of these days I’ll try to recreate my own version but for now – enjoy this time saver!
1 7.5 oz box of Chēbē Cheese Bread Mix
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 large eggs
1/3 cup water
¾ cup soy mozzarella cheese (use whatever shredded cheese you’d like)
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced (*use gloves to cut this!)

Follow baking instructions on bread mix package. You could follow the package baking instructions and just add the pepper, but I did slightly tweak the amount of water and varied my cheese types.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!