Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, July 20, 2013

First post and meal plan for Week of 7/21-7/27

 
Good Saturday Morning -
There are three things you should know about me . First - I love God. Second – I love my family. Third – I love cooking, of any kind. I will try to post as often as I can. I’d like to post daily, but that just may not happen every day.  Everyone gets busy and can have “off” days as I imagine will be the case with this, but I’ll try to rarely let that happen. I will try to post a weekly meal plan every Sunday or Monday. A weekly meal plan is completely necessary in our house while trying to juggle very busy work schedules and small children so therefore I will try to post one weekly on Saturday’s to give you time to grocery shop if desired. Anyway – here’s the first post and the first meal plan to come from LPHJ Kitchen – hope you enjoy!
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
SUNDAY
MONDAY
TUESDAY
WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY
FRIDAY
SATURDAY
Breakfast
Breakfast
Breakfast
Breakfast
Breakfast
Breakfast
Breakfast
asparagus
egg
fruit smoothie
oatmeal
egg
fruit
donuts
frittata
toast
toast
fruit
fruit
quesadillas
fruit
toast
fruit
 
 
toast
 
 
fruit
 
 
 
 
 
 
tea
tea
tea
tea
tea
tea
tea
Lunch
Lunch
Lunch
Lunch
Lunch
Lunch
Lunch
grilled veggies
lettuce wraps
veggies
turkey
leftovers
garden
quinoa salad
salad
crackers
hummus
sandwich
 
salad
 
 
 
crackers
fruit
 
crackers
 
lemonade
water
water
water
water
water
water
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Dinner
Dinner
Dinner
Dinner
Dinner
Dinner
Dinner
pressure cooker
 
 
 
 
 
 
chicken
turkey burgers
eggplant
chicken
fish tacos
egg
grilled shrimp
broccoli
grilled taters
parmesan
enchiladas
rice
bagel
veggies
rice
salad
pasta
rice/veggies
mango salsa
fruit
 
casserole
water
water
water
water
water
water
water
 
 
 
 
 
 
Snack
Snack
Snack
Snack
Snack
Snack
Snack
 
fruit
fruit
trailmix
fruit
granola bar
fruit
Homemade
nuts
nuts
 
nuts
 
nuts
Ice cream
yogurt
cheese
veggies
yogurt
cheese
hummus
 
granola
tomatoes
 
granola
tomatoes
veggies
 
smore's
 
 
 
 
apple crisp

 My first disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a doctor or have any professional medical or nutritional education. The real reason I created this blog is because I have recently had health issues that has caused me to extremely change my eating lifestyle. Long story to short – after seeing a variety of doctors we have come to the conclusion that I have all of the indicators of Celiac Disease and also a digestive system that just “sucks”. Over the course of a few years and two pregnancies, I now eat a pretty low-fat, bland, gluten-free diet. From my own personal experience I have found that there are generally true assumptions about “healthy” eating. However, any person/doctor/nutritionist can have their own specific interpretation of scientific findings based on health (and they will not all be the same). I did not believe that I was eating poorly before my health issues but through my own research I found that I wasn’t eating very healthy either. I am not here to persuade, place judgment or critique any topics relating to “healthy” eating. I am doing what works for me and what I have found through my own personal research. My goal has never been to lose weight (the opposite actually), but I do strive to eat better, to maintain a healthy weight and just feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!