Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Pancakes


I made these this morning for a quick and easy, yet filling breakfast before we take a trip to the pumpkin patch. I knew we were going to need something to keep us full for a while but I didn’t want to spend all morning cooking breakfast either. I’ve heard that bananas and just a couple other ingredients can make a great pancake but I was skeptical. I had a very overripe banana and decided to try it. These made a sweet and fluffy pancake in no time. Plus it has plenty of good nutrition and very little junk! Next time we are going to try adding the blueberries IN the pancake mix! Makes about 5 pancakes

1 large overripe banana
2 large eggs
¼ cup GF all purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup GF oats
¼ tsp vanilla
¼ cup almond milk
1 tsp coconut oil
  • Heat a large griddle to 350°F and melt coconut oil. In a large bowl, mash banana with a fork.
  • Add in eggs, flour, cinnamon, oats, vanilla and milk and blend until well combined.
  • Pour pancake batter onto griddle and cook for about 5 minutes or until batter starts to bubble.
  • Flip pancakes onto other side and cook for about 5 more minutes.
  • Serve with maple syrup and fruit if desired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!