Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, December 23, 2013

Chocolate Caramel Dipped Graham Crackers

I am not a huge fan of sugar cookies. They are a LOT of work and I haven’t been able to create a GF recipe that works. Plus I don’t like icing (I know weird). I do love graham crackers though! They too are some work BUT they are very good homemade! This year I decided to do a different take on a cookie cutout and use my graham cracker recipe. I made some homemade caramel sauce (SO good!) and some chocolate sauce to dip the crackers in. They are so delicious! Sprinkle on a little sea salt for even more flavor!

Graham Crackers – see my recipe for GF version here! (cut into shapes or just squares)
Caramel Sauce
1 Tbsp butter (I use Earth Balance DF)
½ cup sugar (I like the dark coconut sugar)
1 tsp almond milk
Chocolate Sauce
2 squares of chocolate baking squares (I used unsweetened natural chocolate)
1 Tbsp honey (if you are using sweetened chocolate, you can leave this out)
1 Tbsp almond milk
  •  In a sauce pan, combine caramel sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved. 
  • Quickly (and carefully) dip graham crackers into caramel sauce. I find the best way to do this is to use tongs or forks. Place dipped crackers onto a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. Let chill for about 30 minutes. 
  • In a sauce pan, combine chocolate sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil stirring constantly until chocolate is melted. Dip caramel coated crackers into chocolate sauce (or you could drizzle the chocolate over the top). 
  • Return dipped crackers onto lined baking sheet and let chill for about 20 minutes. Store in a sealed container. 
    • NOTE: This caramel sauce is also great over ice cream or for whatever you would use caramel sauce for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!