Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Stuffed Pizza Bites


I don’t know about you but my kids love anything they can eat with their hands or on a stick. My son actually ate dinner the other night solely with a toothpick just because he could. Anyway, we also love pizza so to make everyone happy, I just made these little pizza balls. They are perfect for kids! Plus you can customize them and stuff them with your favorite topping ingredients. They are a little more work than rolling out pizza dough onto a pan but it saves on the fight at dinner later. I actually got my son to eat these with NO complaints – and they were stuffed with spinach and mushrooms (something he hates!). I hope your family enjoys these as much as mine did! Makes about 16-20 dough bites (depending on your dough recipe!)


1 recipe for GF pizza dough (I made a batch of Bob’s Red Mill and threw some spices into the dough)
Extra GF flour for rolling out dough bites (maybe ¼ cup)
¼ cup diced onions
1 cup spinach
½ cup diced mushrooms
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Italian seasoning (I like oregano, basil, thyme blend)
½ cup shredded cheese (I used DF)
1 can diced tomatoes plus 1 tsp italian seasoning
  • In a small blender (I used my Magic Bullet), blend tomatoes and 1 tsp Italian seasoning until smooth. This will be your dipping sauce for your pizza bites!
  • In a large skillet, sauté spinach, onions and mushrooms in olive oil. Add Italian seasoning to vegetable mixture.
  • On a clean floured surface, roll out pizza dough into a large ¼” thick circle. Cut circle into about 2” squares (they don’t have to be perfect).
  • Place dough square in the palm of your hand. Spoon on about ½ tsp of tomato sauce, 1-2 tsp of vegetable mixture and 1 tsp of cheese.
  • Wrap up the dough mixture around the stuffing and secure seams, making the pizza balls. Repeat with remaining dough and ingredients.
  • Place stuffed dough balls into a greased baking dish (a 2 qt dish should work).
  • Bake at 450°F for about 20-25 minutes or until dough is cooked and starting to brown.
  • Top with some tomato sauce and additional shredded cheese if desired and serve with dipping sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!