Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Banana-Peanut Butter Milk Shake


We are always looking for some good deals. We even have my mom being more frugal. She found some almond milk on sale for $0.50 a carton. I will say that it was a deal. However it was set to expire the next day. I’ve heard freezing it is not a great idea but we tried it anyway. My husband also recently got me a “YoNanas” maker for Mother’s day. So I decided one evening to make a milk shake for our evening treat. It turned out great! Now I have a use for the several cartons of almond milk in my freezer!


1 half-gallon carton of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, frozen but slightly thawed
2 frozen bananas
½ cup peanut butter
chocolate syrup, if desired
whipped topping, if desired
cherries, if desired
  • In a blender, combine almond milk, bananas and peanut butter. Blend until smooth, it will probably take several minutes.
  • Pour into a glass and put a little whipped topping, chocolate syrup and a cherry on top. Throw in a straw and enjoy!
    • Note: If you have a “YoNanas” maker, you can blend your bananas and then add to the blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!