Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cold Veggie Ranch Pizza


This dish makes a perfect appetizer or even a light dinner/lunch. A girl that I work with makes this dish anytime we have a “food day” and I love it. She uses Pillsbury croissants for the crust and bottled ranch dressing but otherwise, my recipe is pretty much the same. Feel free to substitute the vegetables you like for the ones I’ve listed. My kids (and husband) love this plus it’s a good way to get the kiddos to eat their share of vegetables without too much fuss.

1 pizza crust dough (I made my own gluten free from a mix)
½ cup ranch dressing (You can use salad dressing, make your own or use those ranch “dip” mixes)
½ cup broccoli, finely chopped
½ cup carrots, finely chopped
¼ cup tomatoes, finely diced
½ cup romaine lettuce, finely chopped
¼ cup green onions, finely chopped
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese (if desired or tolerated)
  • Bake pizza crust according to package directions. If you are using croissants, just roll them out onto a baking sheet like a crust. You could also cut some time out and use a pre-made pizza crust. Let the pizza crust cool completely.
  • Once cooled, spread the ranch dressing or dip over the pizza crust. Layer on the veggies as you wish. We don’t really care how pretty it is, we just threw everything together and put it on the crust.
  • Sprinkle with cheese if you’d like and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!