Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Buffalo Burgers


I have never eaten buffalo until a couple nights ago. I slowly gave up beef a little over two years ago. When we were first trying to diagnose my problems, I was put on a low-fat, bland diet. I found that any time I ate a lot of beef (or pork) I felt sick. Therefore, it got booted from the diet. I was shopping at a local health food store and I saw some lean, organic, ground buffalo. I was leery but I figured I’d give it a shot! It tasted pretty good! The meat we had was a little game-ier than regular ground beef, but it was very lean and flavorful. Buffalo may become part of our meal rotations very soon!

1 lb ground buffalo
½ tsp garlic salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp sage
¼ tsp paprika
whatever condiments, toppings you want on your burgers
 
  • Mix together meat and seasonings. Divide meat into four pieces and shape into patties.
  • Cook on a hot grill until cooked through.
  • Serve on a warm bun; add some sliced cheese, tomato, lettuce, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!