Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Rhubarb-Cherry Crisp


This recipe was kind of a brilliant mistake. We were going to dinner at a friend’s house so I decided to make a dessert the night before. I made my traditional strawberry-rhubarb crisp but I had a LOT of extra crumb topping leftover so I decided to make another small batch. Only problem was I was out of strawberries and apples. I did have a BUNCH of cherries that needed eaten and a couple pineapple slices. That’s how this lovely concoction was made. It is just the perfect amount of sweet and tart flavors and really just screams summer with the fresh fruit taste.

Filling
2 stalks of rhubarb, diced (about ¾ cup)
2 cups of cherries, halved (pits removed – could also use 2 cans of cherries)
2 slices of fresh pineapple, chunked (about ½ cup)
1 Tbsp honey or other sweetener
1 tsp cinnamon
Topping
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup GF all purpose flour (or omit coconut flour and use ½ cup all purpose flour)
½ cup GF oats
¼ tsp salt
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp coconut oil
  • Mix together filling ingredients in a greased 9” pie plate.
  • Mix together the topping ingredients into a small bowl until it crumbly.
  • Sprinkle crumb mixture over fruit evening and bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and brown on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!