Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, August 9, 2013

Chocolate Chip-Banana Almond Cookies


These cookies are a slight modification of a whole-wheat banana cookie I use to make that my boys LOVE! They would literally eat the whole cookie sheet full in one evening. It was so very simple and fairly healthy, but full of gluten. This is my first attempt to recreate them gluten free. It’s not how I imagined they would turn out BUT they are still good. Next time, I will try a different flour mixture but for now, these will definitely do. They smell amazing and would be perfect in the fall!

1 large overripe banana mashed (approximately ¾-1 cup)
1/3 cup of nut or seed butter (I used almond)
1 tsp maple extract (or vanilla, almond etc.)
1 Tbsp honey
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp applesauce
1 cup almond flour
½ cup coconut flour
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp cinnamon (or ½ if you like cinnamon)
½ cup mini chocolate chips (or regular size, chunks, etc.)
  • Mix together all ingredients except chocolate chips in a bowl on low speed.
  • Using a cookie scoop, place cookies onto a greased baking sheet (or lined with parchment paper).
  • Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes or until cookies are slightly browned. Let cookies cool for about 10 minutes so they continue to set up properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!