Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream


I know it’s fall and everyone is giving out recipes for pies, cakes, warm dishes, etc. Just because it is getting cooler outside doesn’t mean you can’t have a cool refreshing dessert sometimes to. Plus, my son’s go to dessert is either popsicles or ice cream – no matter what time of year it is. Anyway, I caved into his constant begging for ice cream but gave it a fall twist. I also added a little cheat by topping his with caramel sauce – of course that was the best part to him! To make this I used my YoNanas maker – it is awesome! It takes frozen bananas or other fruits and turns them into something wonderful! You could also make this using a high powered blender. Either way, grab a few extra ripe bananas at the grocery store and freeze them for future ice cream nights. This makes one serving

1 frozen banana, broke in half
¼ cup pumpkin puree
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp coconut sugar
1 Tbsp whipped cream, optional
1 tsp caramel syrup, optional
  • If using a blender, combine banana, pumpkin, cinnamon and sugar and blend well for about a minute or until smooth.
  • If using a YoNanas maker, take one half of the banana and put it in the maker. Start blending and add in pumpkin, cinnamon and sugar. Add second half of banana to maker and finish blending. Top bananas with whipped cream and caramel syrup if desired.
  • What I like best about using bananas to make “ice cream” is that it tastes so great and creamy that it feels like you are eating something not so great for you. The best part is you are not – simply natural fruits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!