Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pumpkin Waffles


I know – another pumpkin recipe?? What can I say – Every time I open my pantry, pumpkin is right in my face so I have to use it! These have just a hint of pumpkin so it is not an overwhelming flavor. The base of this recipe is perfect – it gives the waffles that crunchy outside with a super soft inside. Serve them with maple syrup and you will have a great breakfast! These also freeze well so make a big batch, freeze them, and pop them in the toaster when you are ready to eat them next. Makes about 8 regular sized waffles.

1 cup GF all purpose flour
1 egg
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
½ cup yogurt
½ cup almond milk
1 Tbsp stevia or sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • In  a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients. Whisk until well blended.
  • Pour about ¼ cup of batter into each spot of a hot waffle iron.
  • Cook for about 6-8 minutes or until waffle is cooked and you have reached your desired crispness.
    • If you are going to freeze them, let cool completely after cooking before putting in freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!