Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Yogurt & Peanut Butter Banana Parfait


Did you know that November is National Peanut Butter Month?? I didn’t know such a thing existed. It makes sense though to have an entire month dedicated to peanut butter. I don’t really pay much attention to these types of “holidays” but I figured tonight I would. This is simple and delicious. It is also full of nutrients. We ate it as a dessert but switch it up and serve it for breakfast too. Makes two servings

1 small container of vanilla yogurt (I used dairy free coconut yogurt but any kind will work)
1 tsp cocoa powder
2 Tbsp peanut butter (or other nut butter)
2 small bananas
2 Tbsp whipped topping
2 tsp carob chips (or chocolate chips)
  • In the yogurt container, blend yogurt and cocoa until smooth.
  • In two small serving dishes, split the cocoa yogurt mix into the dishes.
  • Cut the bananas into chunks and layer each dish with about a half of a banana.
  • Add one tablespoon of peanut butter into each bowl.
  • Layer the other halves of the bananas into the dish and top with whipped topping and carob chips (if desired).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!