Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Chicken Cordon Bleu


Chicken can sometimes be hard to bake. You have to really watch it or it can get really dry, really fast. I find that if you stuff the chicken breasts with something, they tend to stay pretty moist and also cook fairly quickly. I love chicken cordon bleu but it can be loaded with fats and other nasty things. I re-vamped my old (unhealthy) recipe and was very pleased with the results!

2 large chicken breasts
2 slices of Swiss cheese (I used a dairy free alternative)
2 slices of ham, thinly sliced (like deli style)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp red wine vinaigrette
2 tsp garlic, minced
  • Cut your chicken breasts almost all the way in half, butterfly style)leaving the breast together just a little.
  • Place one slice of cheese and one slice of ham in the open chicken breast.
  • Pour vinaigrette over the chicken. Fold chicken back together and secure with toothpicks.
  • Place chicken into a 2 quart baking dish and bake at 350°F until cooked completely through, about 35-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!