Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!! Black Friday Shopping Menu and easy recipes!


Happy Thanksgiving to you all! May your day be blessed with great food, great people and great conversation. Remember to thank our wonderful Lord for this great day and all your blessings! If you are traveling – please stay safe! Also, if you are cooking – stay safe! Don’t think I haven’t heard of those crazy Thanksgiving Day accidents. I’m not one for Black Friday shopping – unless it involves me in my pajamas with a laptop. However, I know many people LOVE to do it. So I figured I would post a couple options that you can use tomorrow while you are out and about (or tonight!) Just remember, they are just things; don’t get crazy over a deal! Hopefully you find a good deal. Not me though – I’ll be snuggling my babies by the Christmas tree as my shopping is done!!
Obviously, you are going to want something quick and portable that you could possibly make ahead. So try these recipes:
You’re going to want a drink to wash all that down so try these:
How about a new recipe?? This is a filling and healthy smoothie.
BANANA MOCHA SMOOTHIE (for extra energy!-makes two servings; one for you, one for a friend!)

1 cup almond milk
Ice cubes (about a cup or however much you want!)
1 banana
½ cup strong coffee
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp chia seeds (optional but extra nutrition!)
1 Tbsp honey
  • In a blender (I used my Magic Bullet), combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into a travel mug and hit the door!
Are you a coffee drinker?? Try this one!
MOCHA PEPPERMINT COFFEE


 
1 candy cane, crushed
3 cups strong, black coffee
1 tsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
1-2 tsp honey, depending on desired sweetness
1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
1 tsp non-dairy coffee creamer
1 shot of espresso, if desired
  • In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Heat using desired method, either over stove or in microwave. Pour into large travel mugs or coffee cups and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!