Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cranberry Orange Spread


I usually create this spread over Christmas time. I love cranberries during the holidays but I always get too many. They freeze really well but I had some extra leftover that I thought I’d use up. While this spread is great for the holidays (especially to give as gifts), it is also good any time of the year. I love it on a turkey sandwich with lettuce and Dijon mustard. Serve it over cream cheese with crackers or even eat on toast.

1 20oz bag of fresh cranberries
2 whole oranges
¾ cup honey
1 tsp cinnamon
  • In a food processor or blender, blend cranberries and oranges until desired consistency. We like ours with a few small chunks so we blended ours quite a bit.
  • Pour fruit into a large stock pot or sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in cinnamon and honey.
  • Bring to boiling and cook at a slow boil for about 5 more minutes, stirring constantly.
  • Ladle spread into prepared glass jars and finish preparing jars as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!