Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

PUMPKIN PIE OATMEAL

I haven’t quite figured out what is better on a cool fall or winter day than a big bowl of warm oatmeal. There’s something about a warm breakfast that just starts your day off right. In addition, oatmeal provides several important nutrients that can help keep you full on a busy day. Of course, one way to make oatmeal better is to combine it with pumpkin. This oatmeal mirrors a delicious slice of pumpkin pie. It’s pretty fantastic – go ahead, give it a try! This makes about 2 servings.

½ cup steel cut GF oats
1 cup water
½ tsp sea salt
2 tsp coconut oil
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
½ cup almond milk
  • Bring oats and water to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Add in sea salt and coconut oil. Boil oats for about 10 minutes or until most of water is absorbed.
  • Add in pumpkin, spices, and syrup. Mix well and cook for an addition 3-5 minutes.
  • Slowly add in almond milk as desired.
    • You can replace the water with milk for a creamier oatmeal.
      • I like to cook the oats with water and then thin the oats out when I’m ready to eat with the almond milk. I like more milk in mine than my husband so I usually divide out the oatmeal into separate bowls and we modify how we like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!