Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Zucchini Relish


I cannot take any credit for this lovely condiment. This creation was done by my mother. She is a wonderful cook. Due to my new diet and lifestyle changes, I am unable to eat a lot of what she makes. I really do miss her cooking! This is something that she created with her typical ingredients but helped me modify it to fit my dietary needs. We removed the refined sugar and replaced with natural honey to fix it up a bit. However you make it, this is one relish you will always want to have on hand. I could eat it on anything – chicken, fish, sandwiches, dips, etc. Plus it’s a great way to use up all of that extra garden zucchini you have around!

8 cups of zucchini, seeded and grated
1 cup of bell peppers, seeded and diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp of ground cloves
½ tsp of ground allspice
1 ½ cups of honey (or3- 4 cups of refined sugar)
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
  • In a food processor, shred zucchini and peppers.
  • In a large stockpot, combine zucchini, cloves, garlic, allspice, honey and vinegar.
  • Cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
  • Ladle relish into prepared jars and finish preparing as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!