Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Mango Jam


I love fresh mangos but they are sometimes hard to find where I live. At our local store, they were selling a lot one day – like more than I have ever seen in that store. I knew they wouldn’t sell them all during the week so on the weekend I went back to see what was left. Just as I had expected, there was plenty of mangos left at a super-low price. So I went a little crazy and bought way too many. I knew they would go bad quickly so I had to do something with them. Since I was on this canning kick, they turned into jam. Perfect solution!

 6 cups mangos, peeled, cored and diced
½ cup water
½ cup orange juice
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup honey (or 2.5 cups of white sugar)
1 tsp no sugar pectin (if desired to help it “gel” up)
  • In a food processor or blender, blend mangos until desired consistency. Pour mangos into a large stock pot or sauce pan over medium heat.
  • Add in water and orange juice and bring to a slow boil. Stir in lemon juice and honey. Return to boiling and add in pectin.
  • Cook at a slow boil for about 5 more minutes, stirring constantly.
  •  Ladle jam into prepared glass jars and finish preparing jars as desired. This recipe made about 6 half pint jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!