Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Shrimp Dip


This appetizer is my husband’s favorite. He requests it for every get together. It is so simple to make and actually tastes better the next day so it is a perfect make ahead dish. His step-mother actually gave me the original recipe, which I have modified quite a bit to fit our dietary needs. It is my go to dish for work parties or holiday get-togethers. Make this the night before, grab a box of crackers (or make your own gluten-free crackers J) and you will be set!

1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened (or use fat-free or dairy free)
1 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
½ cup mayonnaise (or more yogurt)
1 small can (5 oz) tiny shrimp
4 green onions, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp black pepper
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (or soy cheese)
  • Mix together cream cheese, sour cream and mayo.
  • Add in shrimp, onions, salt, pepper and shredded cheese.
  • Mix until well combined. Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!