Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Turkey Breakfast Sausage


Before my restricted diet came along, we had an egg and bacon or sausage for breakfast every day.  I couldn’t tell you the last time I had sausage before today. I originally got this idea from a paleo magazine but I tweaked it quite a bit to fit our needs. The spices in this are the key ingredients. The sage and rosemary compliment each other so well and give the sausage an awesome flavor. Instead of turkey, you could easily substitute ground pork. I used very lean turkey, but you would get a little more flavor out of a little fattier meat.

1 lb lean ground turkey
1 Tbsp fresh sage finely minced
1 tsp fresh thyme finely minced
1tsp fresh rosemary finely minced
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp honey (or sugar)
1 Tbsp olive oil
  • Mix together turkey, seasonings and honey until well combined. Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
  • Form & flatten turkey into small (2 inch) patties.  Cook on first side for about 10 minutes and then cook on other side for about 5 more minutes or until both sides are browned. (I like mine really browned so we cooked ours a little longer. Just make sure your patties are cooked all the way through)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!