Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, October 21, 2013

All Natural Apple Cider!


Today is a big day for us - starting bright and early! I have an appointment in KC and this will be a great start to the day!
Apple cider is a perfect fall drink. It goes great on a cool evening, roasting smores by a campfire or in the mornings with a warm slice of coffee cake. Either way it is great! I’m not sure if you’ve looked at some of the packaged cider drink mixes. I challenge you to read the labels – most of them have a lot of “extra” ingredients and tons of sugar. Don’t get me wrong – they taste great, but now that we have become food label inspectors we decided to take a more natural approach. Honestly, this is so easy and delicious I wonder why we never tried it before. This makes 2 servings but is easily adaptable to make plenty more. If you are making a lot, try it in the crock pot!

3 apples (I used Gala for a little tarter flavor but still sweet)
½ orange, sliced (I used Clementine’s because that’s what I had)
1 cinnamon stick
1 bag of black tea (I used a peach tea blend)
  • Juice the 3 apples, whole, peel included in a high powered juicer.
  • Pour apple juice into a saucepan and add in orange slices, cinnamon stick and tea.
  • Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes to get the drink warm and allow the flavors to blend together.
  • Strain out the orange slices and cinnamon stick if desired and serve.
  • Take pride in knowing that you just created something that is healthy and delicious without extra sugars and preservatives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!