Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte


How about a recipe for a great fall morning drink? I woke up this morning to a cool 50°F and rain. We also have soccer games today that were not cancelled. I’m sure glad I decided to whip this drink up this morning as I needed a warm start to the day! I don’t drink a lot of coffee but I get tired of plain tea all of the time. This turned out perfect! Enjoy! This makes about two small servings or one  big one!

1 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
½ cup chai tea concentrate (Store bought or homemade-see below)
1 tsp pumpkin puree
½ tsp honey
¼ tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
whipped topping, if desired
  • In a small blender (I used my Magic Bullet), blend together milk, tea, pumpkin, honey and cinnamon. Blend for about 45 seconds or until drink is smooth.
  • Warm the drink mixture either on the stove or in the microwave to desired temperature.
  • Pour into a coffee mug, add whipped topping and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice if desired.

 
CHAI TEA CONCENTRATE

½ cup water
1 Chai tea bag
  • Heat water in a small saucepan, add tea bag and steep for about 10 minutes or until tea is very strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!