Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, January 6, 2014

Crockpot Beef Stew

Brr…. I’m over this cold weather. Cooking is my favorite hobby but something about the cold just makes me want to lay on the couch with a blanket! Today was one of those days. I wasn’t feeling like making a huge dinner so instead I decided to throw this stew in the crockpot. That way, when I got home tonight, it was cooked, warm and ready to eat! I did throw in some cornbread to go along with it though. This recipe is super simple and yet very tasty. Taking a few frozen veggies makes it even quicker but still healthy. This serves about 6 but can easily be increased to serve more.

4-5 oz round beef steak, diced (whatever cut you like, but don’t get crazy, the cheap cuts are fine!)
1 12oz bag of frozen mixed veggies (or you can cut your own fresh veggies)
1 15oz can of diced tomatoes (juice included – fresh will also work)
2 cups beef broth
1 cup russet or red potatoes, peeled and diced
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 bay leaves (or 1 tsp bay leaf flakes)

  • Okay, here’s the best part: throw all of the ingredients into a crockpot. 
  • Give the mix a good stir.
  •  Set your crockpot on Low – cook for about 8 hours.
  •  Go to work/school/wherever and come home to a homestyle, comforting beef stew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!