Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Super Hot Breakfast Cereal

When I first had to eliminate eggs from my diet, I had no idea what I was going to eat for breakfast. I love breakfast foods but a lot of breakfast foods were causing me trouble. I could not have gluten, dairy, eggs or oats. I was at a loss… until I looked outside of the egg cartons and oatmeal packages. This breakfast cereal is very tasty and packed with foods that will help keep you full during the morning. You could use oatmeal to replace some of the other ingredients I used, just adjust your liquid amounts and cooking time. I used a couple different grains: quinoa and millet. I also used buckwheat; it is not derived of wheat and is not actually a grain; it is a fruit! I threw in some of my favorite extra superfoods like goji berries, coconut and pumpkin. Feel free to swap out your favorite fruits/nuts/etc in place of these. This makes about 6 servings and it keeps in the fridge well; just reheat and add extra milk.

Super Hot Breakfast Cereal


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!