Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, January 17, 2014

Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

In addition to being grain free, these are gluten free, dairy free, egg free and soy free! I have also found a new love making these – chestnut flour! I had never used it before, but it’s great! I like almond flour BUT I haven’t found one that is fine enough for my liking. Most of them are really grainy. The chestnut flour I found on Amazon (here) is super fine and much easier to work with! It is the same substitute ratio of almond flour to your recipes (about 1/3 cup nut flour: 1 cup wheat flour). I used an almond/chestnut mixture for this recipe but you could easily use one or the other. If you aren’t concerned with being allergy free, I’ve added typical substitutes to the recipe. Okay, now to the actual cookies. They are AWESOME! The best chocolate chip cookies I have made so far. They have a slightly crisp outside but still a soft, gooey center plus loaded with chocolate chips! I served these with some fresh strawberries for a perfect dessert! 

Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!