Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Homemade Cinnamon Pecan Butter

Today represents 6 months of posting for me!!! I'm so excited! In just a few short months I've received over 8,500 views! Thanks to all of you who read this blog!

I’ve always wanted to try pecan butter. I love almond butter and cashew butter. However, sometimes it is SO expensive to buy it. You can easily spend $15 on a regular sized jar of it. No thanks! I can buy a big package of plain pecans (or I can crack the gallons of pecans that fell out of my mom’s tree!) for less than that. Plus by making it myself, I know exactly what is going in it – no preservatives, artificial flavors, gluten, etc. It was really very simple to make and tastes great! I added some flaxseed oil for to get some more good fats for myself but you could replace with another type of oil if desired or leave it out! Makes 1 16oz jar. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!