Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Gluten-Free Zucchini Scones


I originally found this recipe on Skinnytaste.com. I love this website and have made several of her recipes before – be sure to check it out! She has a few gluten-free recipes but this one wasn’t. I decided to try and make it gluten-free with my own little twists. They turned out awesome!

1 cup zucchini, shredded, water removed
½ cup sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped (I found a tomato/red pepper blend)
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 cup brown rice flour
½ cup potato starch
½ cup tapioca starch
1 egg
¾ cup almond milk
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp xanthan gum
1 cup shredded cheese (I used Gruyere cheese)
  • Blend together dry ingredients. Add in egg and milk and mix well.
  • Slowly fold in tomatoes, zucchini and cheese. With your hands, mix well in the bowl.
  • Pour dough onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Mold into a large circle about 1” thick.
  • Bake at 375°F for about 30 minutes or until cooked through and lightly brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!