Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Red Wine Pears - in the pressure cooker!


I hadn’t tried making a dessert in my pressure cooker.. until now. I was nervous… I know you can make all kinds of things in them-cake, rice pudding, etc but I was scared to try. Anyway – I had some extra pears, some leftover red wine and a sweet tooth. You’re welcome. Also – today is my 5th wedding anniversary! What a quick and easy dessert that will both satisfy your sweet tooth and let you feel like you are having an extra special treat for a special day. A little mushy here – my husband is my best friend. We’ve been together over 9 years now and each year gets better! He’s my major support person – my rock! I hope God blesses us with many more years together!

4 pears (any kind), peeled but left whole
2 cups red wine
2 cups water
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp apple pie spice (or nutmeg/allspice)
¼ cup honey (or sugar or other sweetener)
Whipped topping, if desired
  • In your pressure cooker, mix together water, honey, cinnamon and apple pie spice.
  • On the “brown” setting, cook for about 3 minutes or until honey is dissolved into water.
  • Once your honey and water are combined, place pears standing up in pressure cooker.
  • Pressure cook for 8 minutes. Release pressure and add wine.
  • Pressure cook for 8 more minutes and release pressure.
  • Carefully remove pears as they will be very soft. Pour some remaining wine sauce over pears and top with whipped cream, if desired.
  • The longer the pears set in the wine sauce, the softer they will get it so don’t let them set for too long or they will fall apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!