Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, October 4, 2013

Peanut Butter Banana Dessert Parfait


So I’m really trying on my carbs… really I am. But boy is it hard. I’m a sucker for desserts. Every evening my sweet tooth gets the best of me. Not to mention, I have all of these items in my pantry and fridge to make all kinds of gluten free baked goods. They might be gluten free, but they are not carb free. So I tried to find me something that was relatively low in carbs but would also satisfy my sweet tooth. This probably won’t be a treat that I get to have a lot, but it was sure good while it lasted! This recipe makes about two servings

 

1 banana, diced
1 Tbsp almond (or peanut) butter
1 small graham cracker square (I used a slightly modified version of my homemade batch – see here!)
1 Tbsp cocoa nibs (or mini chocolate chips)
1 Tbsp yogurt (or whipped cream)
  • Put diced banana into a serving bowl (or two small bowls if you separate the servings).
  • Crumble graham cracker square over the top of the banana.
  • Dab on your almond butter. Sprinkle with cocoa nibs or chips.
  • Top with yogurt or whipped cream, if desired.
  • Serve immediately – this does not keep well as your bananas will brown quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!