Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Maple Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls


So today my husband and are I getting “more married”. Long story short of it – 5 years ago we had a civil ceremony (no dress, no flowers, no people, etc). On Valentine’s Day this year, he really proposed to me. He had the kids wear shirts that said “Will you”, “Marry” and his said “Me?”. I was of course confused until he got down on his knee and said “Will you marry me in the church?” I was completely surprised and it was perfect. Our faith has been tested but has grown in the last couple years. It’s only right for us to celebrate our love and faith in the most important place. We may not have done things right the first time, but better late than never I guess! Anyway – I couldn’t sleep. It’s a small ceremony but I just haven’t felt great so I’m nervous about it. I know everything will be perfect but I still couldn’t sleep. So I got up at 4:30 am and made these cinnamon rolls. Our awesome friends are coming over early to help with the kids (and my husband ha!) so it was only right to make them a tasty breakfast! These are also perfect for fall with the touch of pumpkin added. I hope you enjoy!

1 cup brown rice flour
½ cup white sorghum flour
¼ coconut flour
½ tapioca starch
¼ cup potato starch
¼ cup stevia or sugar
1 Tbsp xanthan gum
1 pkt of active dry yeast
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup applesauce
½ cup water
¾ cup almond milk, warm
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
Filling
1 Tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup brown coconut sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp pecans, chopped (optional)
Icing
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tsp almond milk
½ tsp maple extract
  • In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
  • In a small bowl, combine yeast, milk and water and let set for about 5 minutes.
  • Add egg, applesauce, oil and vanilla to dry mix.
  • Mixing on medium speed, slowly add in your milk mixture.
  • Mix for about 2 minutes over medium speed. In a damp counter or table top, spread out a layer of plastic wrap about 2 feet long.
  • Spoon dough onto plastic wrap and then layer another piece of wrap over the top of dough. Roll dough out until it is about ¼” thick and remove top layer of wrap.
  • Spread coconut oil over dough. Next spread pumpkin over dough. Sprinkle with coconut sugar and cinnamon.
  • Using the plastic wrap, roll up the dough into a long roll. Cut roll into 1” thick slices. Place rolls cut side up into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Let rise for about 30 minutes.
  • Bake at 350°F for about 20-25 minutes or until rolls are cooked through.
  • While rolls are baking, mix together icing ingredients. Let rolls cool for a few minutes and then drizzle icing over the tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!