Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, October 19, 2013

German Chocolate Brownies

This is my 100th post!! Wow - I never thought I'd have 20 posts - or that people would read them. Let's shoot for 100 more (and then more than that!) :)

So I’ll leave the description of this short and sweet (just like these little beauties!) Delicious is the best word to describe them. Chocolate-y, slightly fudgy, a little salty – pretty much mind blowing. Take a short cut and use a premade brownie mix if desired!

1 pkg of gluten-free brownie mix (I like Namaste brand – it is free from major allergens)
1 egg
½ cup applesauce
1/3 cup water
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
½ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
½ cup pecans, chopped
½ tsp sea salt
1/3 cup brown coconut sugar
  • In a large bowl, mix together brownie mix, egg, applesauce and water.
  • Pour into a greased 8x8 baking pan. In a separate bowl, combine coconut oil, coconut, pecans and sugar.
  • Sprinkle coconut mixture evenly onto brownie batter.
  • Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until brownies are cooked through and topping is brown. I find that the coconut browns quickly so I cover mine with foil about halfway through baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!