Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - extra post!


I love mother-son cooking days. I’ve also decided that my cookies turn out better when my son helps. These were great. It probably helps that he dumped an entire bag of chocolate chips into the batter so there was literally like 20 mini chips per each little cookie. Regardless, these are very soft and sweet with a little crunch out the outside plus a small hint of pumpkin. Of course, they are still gluten-free and dairy free!

2 cups gluten free flour (I used an all-purpose baking blend)
¼ cup of dairy free butter (or shortening)
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ cup water
1 cup brown coconut sugar, packed
¼ cup stevia
1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp xanthan gum
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life! brand)
  • In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, pumpkin, sugar and stevia until creamy.
  • Add in flour, water, olive oil, baking powder, soda, xanthan gum, salt and vanilla.
  • Mix until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
  • Using a cookie scoop, form dough into 1” balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
  • Bake at 350°F for about 10 minutes or until cookies start to brown.
  • Let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Store in a sealed container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!