Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, October 18, 2013

Pumpkin Chai Thumbprints


So I don’t say this too much but OMG – these cookies are FANTASTIC! Chai tea is one of my go-to comfort drinks and as you’ve noticed – I love pumpkin. These are a perfect blend. They are great by themselves, but throw that Hershey’s Kiss on top and you’ve got something magical. I originally got the idea for this recipe off of Pinterest. Therefore I can’t take credit for the whole idea – I think the original post I found was from www.passthesushi.com for a Chai spice cookie. There are many pins for a similar type of cookie out there but I didn’t find any gluten free. Anyway – I made my own little version here and I hope you love it as much as we do!

¼ cup non-dairy butter
½ cup pumpkin
¼ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup Stevia
¼ cup strong chai tea (I steeped one bag in about ½ cup water for a few minutes)
1 Tbsp milled flaxseed
3 Tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup coconut flour
1 cup rice flour
½ cup white sorghum flour
½ cup tapioca starch
1 tsp xanthan gum
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp dry chai tea blend (I used one half of a tea bag – just cut it open and use!)
20 Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses
  • In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter, pumpkin, sugar and stevia. Add in liquid Chai tea, flaxseed, water and vanilla. Blend until well combined.
  • Gradually add in remaining dry ingredients. Mix until dough is well blended.
  • Using a cookie scoop, make cookie dough balls and place onto greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
  • Flatten with your palm and bake at 350°F for about 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove cookies from oven and immediately place one Hershey’s Kiss in the middle of each cookie.
  • Let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Store in a sealed container.
    • NOTE: I chose to make these egg-free so that’s where the flaxseed came in. If you’d rather use an egg, just substitute one egg for the flaxseed and water.
    • Also – the Hershey’s Kiss is a RARE and special treat that we don’t usually have. I made a few of these without the Kiss for myself as they are not on my diet. Once again – they are still great without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any questions or comments. I'm always looking for positive feedback to help improve my cooking!